Compressed Gas Technologies Inc. has been an industry leader of on-site nitrogen generators throughout North America since 2001. We can help you save money on your nitrogen gas costs. Our line of generators allows you to produce nitrogen gas on-site, simply and cost effectively from a supply of compressed air. Eliminate rental charges, transportation expenses, labor costs, and evaporation losses of bulk systems.
Nitrogen gas is an industrial gas produced using air separation by mechanical means by taking atmospheric air (the air that you are breathing - 78% nitrogen & 20.9% oxygen), pressurizing it in an air compressor and then separating it with either a membrane or PSA (pressure swing adsorption) generator. Nitrogen can be supplied by high pressure nitrogen cylinders; dewars of liquid nitrogen; or bulk liquid nitrogen or a nitrogen generator.
Nitrogen Generators have a wide variety of applications, including serving as an inert replacement for air where oxidation is undesirable:
- To preserve the freshness of packaged or bulk foods (by delaying rancidity and other forms of oxidative damage) - potato chips, nuts, snack foods and packaged salads.
- To preserve the freshness of wine (by delaying rancidity and other forms of oxidative damage)
- On top of liquid explosives as a safety measure - paints and solvents
- The production of electronic parts such as transistors, diodes and integrated circuits (prevents oxygen and moisture)
- Dried and pressurized, as a dielectric gas for high voltage equipment
- Use in military aircraft fuel systems to reduce fire hazard.
Compressed Gas Technologies has been serving various industries with on-site nitrogen generator solutions for over 14 years. From chemical blanketing to snack food packaging to medical industry units and several other applications. To view some of the industries we've served please visit our